Ranked Among the Best Business Schools
With more than 220 years of excellence in education, Georgetown University is known for its academic rigor, global mindset, commitment to public service and integration with the Washington, D.C., community. Since it was founded in 1957, The McDonough School of Business has built a solid reputation as one of the top business schools in the world.
Our award-winning faculty are dedicated to providing a well-rounded, immersive business education for every student, whether they attend classes on campus or online. McDonough’s finance faculty includes notable scholars, researchers, former business leaders, and consultants who challenge students to maximize their finance education experience.
U.S. News & World Report listed Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business 7th in its annual ranking of online graduate business degrees.
The McDonough School of Business is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
Founded in 1916, AACSB international is the longest-serving global accrediting body for business schools that offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral degrees in business. Only 620 schools of business, less than 5 percent worldwide, have earned this distinguished hallmark of excellence in management education. To maintain accreditation, a business program must undergo a rigorous internal review every five years, at which it must demonstrate its commitment to the 21 quality standards relating to faculty qualification, strategic management of resources, interactions of faculty and students, as well as a commitment to continuous improvement and achievement of learning goals in degree programs. Learn more.
The prominence of Georgetown University’s Finance Area was recently recognized by Bloomberg Businessweek ranking Georgetown University as the best undergraduate school for finance, surpassing schools such as the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, Cornell, and New York University.
Other honorable rankings include:
- McDonough MBA Full-Time Program: No. 17 in the United States and No. 3 in the world for international business—The Financial Times, 2011
- Executive MBA Program: No. 9 in the United States; honors for No. 1 for alumni career progress and salary increases—The Financial Times, 2011
- MBA Program: No. 25 in the country—U.S. News & World Report, “America’s Best Graduate Schools 2012”
- MBA Evening Program: No. 21 in the country—U.S. News & World Report, “America’s Best Graduate Schools 2012”
- Undergraduate Business Programs: No. 10 in the country—Businessweek, 2011