Why Choose an Education from Georgetown University and McDonough School of Business?
Georgetown University and McDonough School of Business are committed to creating leaders. Through challenging, relevant coursework, and a revolutionary approach to education, the Master of Science in Finance (MSF) online program cultivates a community of discussion and debate among industry professionals and transforms students into emerging leaders in the finance profession.
National Recognition for Excellence in Academics
Georgetown University is one of the world’s leading academic and research institutions. The school is nationally recognized for academics and offers a unique educational experience that prepares the next generation of global citizens to lead and make a difference in the world. Georgetown University is a thriving community of exceptional students, faculty, alumni and professionals dedicated to real-world applications of research, scholarship and service.
The McDonough School of Business is world renowned and respected for academic rigor and international focus, challenging students with real-world, global experience and preparing students and professionals to achieve new heights of leadership and influence in the business world.
A Powerful Tradition
At the core of a Georgetown University education is the Jesuit tradition of educating the mind, body and spirit. Drawing upon this legacy and the university’s position in the cultural hub of Washington, D.C., Georgetown University provides students with a world-class learning experience focused on educating the whole person with exposure to different theories, practices and beliefs.
Notable alumni include:
- Former President Bill Clinton
- Associate Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia
- Actor Bradley Cooper
- Secretary of Defense and former CIA Director Robert Gates
- Former U.S. Secretary of State Gen. Alexander Haig
- Rep. Stephanie Herseth Sandlin
- Rep. Henry Hyde
- Former Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell
- U.S. National Security Advisor James L. Jones
- Former Commissioner of the National Football League Paul Tagliabue
- Former President of the Philippines Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo
- Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Resources at the World Bank Stefanie Von Friedberg
- NBA stars:
- Patrick Ewing
- Alonzo Mourning
- Dikembe Mutombo
- Roy Hibbert
Located at the intersection of business, government and international relationships, the faculty and curricula of McDonough School of Business harness the Georgetown University tradition to develop principled leaders with a global mindset in service to business and society.